Sunday, September 13, 2015

AAADD

DO YOU HAVE A.A.A.D.D.?
They have finally found a diagnosis for my condition. Hooray! I have recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. ~ Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder! This is how it goes: I decide to wash the car. I start towards the garage and I notice the mail on the table. Okay. I’m going to wash the car, but first I am going to go through the mail. I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail, and notice the trash can is full. Okay, I will j...ust put the bills on my desk and take the trash can out. Since I am going to be near the mailbox anyway, I will pay these few bills first. Now, where is my checkbook? Oops, there’s only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk. Oh, there is the soda I was drinking. I’m going to look for those checks. But first I need to put my drink farther away from the computer. Oh, maybe I will pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while. I head towards the kitchen, and my flowers catch my eyes; they need some water. I set the Coke on the counter and uh-oh! There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I had better put them away first. I fill a container with water and head for the flowers — Aaaaaagh! Someone left the newspaper in the kitchen. Because we will never think to look in kitchen tonight when we want to read it, I had better put it back in the family room where it belongs. I splash some water into the pots on the floor, I throw the newspaper onto a soft cushion on the sofa, and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do? End of Day: The car is not washed, the bills are unpaid, the soda is sitting on the kitchen counter, the flowers are half-watered, the checkbook still only has one check in it, and I can not seem to find my car keys! When I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m baffled because I KNOW I was busy all day long! Because I realize this is a serious condition, I will get help, but first I think I’ll check my e-mail and Face Book........


TK Sharpley

No comments:

Post a Comment