Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8, 2020 'Mr&MrsMoo', Sunsets, and Zooming

Covid19 Journal.
FINISHED!
Well, for now, until I see a few more strokes to add,
or a few more shadows to include,
or a few more splashes around that ear,
or... or... or...πŸ˜€
Yes, finally I finished my 36"x 36" "Mr&MrsMoo" oil painting.
Phew........
Painting here at home instead of in a classroom has been a challenge.
I blogged earlier.....(was it a month ago already???) in reference to my experiences, concerns, thoughts, regarding the process of  painting on my own.
Read about hereπŸ‘‰OIL PAINTING SESSION #2
Funny thing happened on the way to my easel.
My fears subsided.
My expectations were lowered.
I took a deep breath.
I remembered that it was just paint.
Done!
Finished!
Sprayed!
Hanging on the wall!
Next.........
My first zoom instruction was a success!
1. I had previously chosen a painting by another artist, to use as a reference.
2. I checked to see that I had the palette of colors and supplies necessary to tackle the next project.
3. I had done the underpainting over the entire canvas (per directions from art instructor)


4. I had my paints, pen and paper ready to take notes, and laptop set up for the zoom call........
Easy so far, right?
What could go wrong?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Now I have to laugh at myself.
All of my well intended preparations turned to mush.
How is this for organized chaos??πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
I scribbled notes on my drop cover paper as she was giving instructions. 
Thirty to forty minutes of zoom time left me feeling inadequate, disregarding the fact that my art instructor was:
beyond remarkable,
exceptional,
astounding,
amazing,
and fantastic. 😘
I have never felt as unsure and incapable as THAT PARTICULAR moment when the session ended.
"Did she say this? or did she say that?"
"What am I suppose to do first, this or that?"
"Oh crap, I can't read what I wrote!"
"I can't remember what she said!"
"EWWWWW.... I just smeared paint all over my hand and shirt."
"Where are my paper towels...... oh wait, I'm not using paper towels right now 😁😁😁".
"And what made me think that I didn't need to wear old clothes or an apron to keep from getting me covered with oils?"
"Which purple did she really intend for me to use, the ultramarine violet or the dioxazine purple?"
"Why didn't I record this, so I could replay it over and over?"
My self confidence was suddenly in short supply.
My brain had momentarily shut down.
Any one out there have moments like this? (I'm telling you, I SHUT DOWN πŸ˜•)
This is suppose to be fun, right?
Fear had crippled me........ until.........
I brushed the first color on my canvas.🎨🎨🎨
Then the second,
and third,
and forth,
and fifth.
Instantaneously, I forgot about time.
Of course, I also forgot some of her explicit instructions.
I hurriedly finished eating dinner, so as to return to my 'make-shift' art studio.
My obsession with blending colors had returned.
Truth be told, I was not quite as confident as I would have been in her classroom.
But these are unique times for personal growth.
Personal growth takes time..... and right now, we all seem to have an abundance of TIME.

Surely you can see the beautiful sunset here, right?πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
My assignment has not yet been completed for my next zoom session.
For now, here I go........... into the abyss of color.
#DesparatelyWorkingOnWaysToBePatientWithMyself.



No comments:

Post a Comment