Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 27, 2018 DECLUTTER II




















Heave Ho
Let it Go......
From baggage and books,
To boots and beads,
My weight is decreasing at phenomenal speeds.
So listen to my urging,
It's time to get purging.
I have too much stuff...
Way more than enough.

























"WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE WITH YOU, IF YOU HAD AN HOUR TO PACK, KNOWING THAT YOU WOULD NEVER RETURN TO YOUR HOME?"
Ouch...
Distress...
hmmmmmmmm.....
It's just a question, right?
But I seriously could not get that question out of my head.
I look around my home of 44 years and....... well...... what exactly would I take????
Wow! Does that motivate you?
That question has been my motivator for decluttering in the month of January... ( in addition to the latest  episode of THIS IS US😭😭😭)
Frames, books, yarn, makeup bags, games, fabric, old files, garden fixtures, art supplies, old cosmetics, duplicate kitchen utensils, seasonal items,
OK, breatheeeeeee.
More trips to the donation centers....
The journey is getting a little easier....... because I have less CRAP STUFF.
Here is my first endeavor  for the year →→→ DECLUTTER I
Most current dilemma: ↓↓↓
What to do with the thousands of photos that are in boxes.(I'm just not into the scrap-booking adventure, but the people that do this, have my utmost respect!)
One crate of photos went to child #3 today.

























Don't worry Child #1 and Child #2. You will get your stash ASAP.😀😀😀














For the items that are sentimental:
I have 2 Hope Chests
















One is now full.
The second one is collecting "sacred" items for my kiddos to deal with one day.
YES, MY KIDS ARE THANKING ME.
Each time drawers, cabinets or closets have been emptied, I send them photos.😍














Am I done?
Hardly.
But I'm 701 items free!

And I have NO PLANS for replacing the empty drawers.
In fact, I no longer need all of those storage containers that I first showed you!
Remember that question that I asked?
Think about it!
"WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE WITH YOU, IF YOU HAD AN HOUR TO PACK, KNOWING THAT YOU WOULD NEVER RETURN TO YOUR HOME?"
Dr. Mercola shared an excellent article entitled Time to Declutter. He shares many issues, but one that stood out for me was how clutter affects your brain! Read it → HERE
Happy Decluttering! 💓💓💓 and Stay tuned!















2 comments:

  1. I’d take my husband, phone, laptop, purse and important documents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those would be my choices as well as maybe a few more!

      Delete