Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January 9, 2019 DECLUTTER I


















Yep.... I'm taking the challenge!
Actually I started this madness the last day of last year......
*********DECLUTTERING CHALLENGE: 2018 in 2018********
That's 2018 items that will be GONE from my house this year.
Check out the site here→→ NOURISHING MINIMALISM.
In this site, you can download the chart!
I did this same challenge in 2017.
I blogged about it as well, last year. Here is the blog! →WELCOME 2017...USE IT, LOVE IT, OR GET RID OF IT . The blog explains in detail HOW to best take the challenge. I completely fizzled out on keeping the chart. Nonetheless,  I came close to the 2017 items.




















Mind you........ we have lived in our home for almost 44 years and raised 3 children.
My parents and Ron's parents homes have now been sold, which means...... you guessed it.....
Anyway.
This year, the chart will not be tucked away.
It has been a laughable, action-filled, daunting, but satisfying first 10 days.
This project can be intimidating, but I'm determined to live with less CRAP things.
495 items have been trashed, given away, or donated.

























There is no significant reason or purpose for the colored markings. I threw away 10 magazines, and filled in 10 spaces with a colored pencil.
I donated 52 punch cups, and filled in 52 squares.
24 pieces of flatwear, each received a square.
Articles of clothing, sewing machine, furniture, frames, sheets, towels.... how could I have 5 curling irons in my house? Candles, baskets, ornaments, strollers.
The china closet has been cleared of dishes no longer using.
I'm a bit of "undiagnosed ADHA"....... and thus have flitted and fluttered around the house like a dragonfly, going from the basement, to the attic, to my clothes closet, to bathroom supplies, to kitchen cabinets.

















The purpose, however, is to GET RID OF STUFF.
Three trips in one week to the Goodwill has placed me on their first name basis!

I'm attempting to list the items that I donate, for tax deduction purposes.
But seriously, I TOTALLY WANT TO GET RID OF STUFF.
There are a lot of other places that are worthy of my donations. Goodwill fit the time slot this week for getting rid of CRAP STUFF.


















This was round one. I know that I will not be spending this much time every week getting rid of 2018 items......... and no, we are not moving.
Reducing the number of possessions that we have acquired over the years, represents an important new direction that our life can take for the future. It's exciting!


2 comments:

  1. Proud of you, Girlfriend! I'm working on bedroom closets these days. Wish i had taken pictures if the "before." I'll post the "after."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maye. I, too, should have taken before photos! Good for you on working on closets. I have 3 closets to tackle, one of which is nothing but scrapbooks, frames, and boxes of photos. Today, however, I added almost 50 more items to my chart, and CAR!

      Delete