Sunday, February 14, 2016

Florida's Fine Feathered Friends

Reddish Egret
Roseate Spoonbill

Snowy Egret
White Pelicans with Black Wingtips
The birds in Florida are almost as pretty as the ones in Virginia (I'm partial, however, to my back yard birds).  While we were in Sanibel and Anna Maria Island, we saw these birds. Photos were taken at the J.N.DingDarling Wildlife Refuge , as well as Anna Maria. If you have never been to the Refuge, take a few minutes to visit the link above. I suspect most of these creatures were used to having their photos taken!
Enjoy the photos!
P.S. I've learned a lot about birds in the past month. Refer to this post---> About Those Birds , written in January. 
By the way, I sure am glad that I don't have to feed the birds in Florida! They are MUCH bigger, and they eat a LOT more food!

Great Blue Heron

Anhinga


Pelican

Royal Turn

No comments:

Post a Comment