Monday, February 27, 2017

A King Cake for the King, Mardi Gras 2017


Mardi Gras, or "Fat Tuesday" is the last day of the 'Carnival' season. It always falls the day before ASH Wednesday, the first day of Lent.
Fat Tuesday (which is Tuesday, February 28, 2017) is always 47 days prior to Easter Sunday.
Click HERE for a brief history of MARDI GRAS!
It's difficult to think of Mardi Gras without music, parades, costumes, picnics, floats and excitement---->as in New Orleans ---->as in the greatest free show on earth with beads, throws, masks, king cakes, carnivals, colors, and MORE.
Mardi Gras and King Cakes go hand in hand..... especially in Louisiana.
Yesterday, I made a King Cake..... first time ever!
If this does not satisfy your sweet tooth, nothing will.























I reluctantly confess to you that, since retirement, King Ron has done  most  99% of the cooking here in our kingdom.
And I'm not real sure what prompted me to spend this much time and energy in the kitchen, but I did.
Sometimes I just get these wild 'Martha-Stewart-moments'.
I suppose now would also be the appropriate time to confess that I majored in Home Economics in college, and taught junior high students how to cook. HA HA HA.





























So........ here's to the famous King Cake for King Ron!
Happy Mardi Gras 2017























We've never been to New Orleans.
Our Mardi Gras celebration tomorrow night will be dining at The Roanoker Restaurant.
We are such party animals!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment