Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A walk in the park

I know this particular portion of the Roanoke Valley Greenway almost blindfolded.
It's the section that runs from the tennis courts at River's Edge Sports Complex and ends across the bridge in Wasena, next to the The Green Goat Restaurant.
The walking is easy, flat, scenic, friendly, and not quite 2 miles round-trip.
Today, I carried my camera (oh are you surprised? ha!).
Instead of looking at the river, trees, skies, people, I looked DOWN.ON.THE.GROUND.
Other than looking at my tennis shoes, checking occasionally on my Fitbit, I practiced using my macro lens, on my camera.
Yes, I got down on the ground.........actually, a few times, I laid on the ground.....ahhhhhhhchew.
When I started looking around, there was lots to see.....weeds, dandelions, clover, clover flowers, red clover, wild daisies.
What do you see when you are looking down?
You should go for a short walk in the park!
I took my camera, but phones work great, too.
Oh yes, when you get home, check for ticks!
Happy Walking!








No comments:

Post a Comment