Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April 4, 2018 Hurrah for scanning technology!

"RETREAT" 1956 Potomac River

















Walter J. Sharpley on "RETREAT" 1954



















Ron's Grandfather, Walter J Sharpley, owned and lived on a boat named "RETREAT".
His boat was docked at Capitol Yacht Club
Ron's Mom, and Ron

















Ron on "RETREAT" 

























The first 2 photos shown, were scanned today.
Each took less than a second to scan!
The 2 photos are  different sizes (5x7 and 3 1/2 x5)
The second 2 photos were slides that were scanned, and saved.
In early February of this year, our process of saving photos for the next generation began. We viewed a few thousand slides, eliminating many and saving what we thought was important! Click here to view my blog that began this task → VINTAGE SLIDES
DONE
Next project:  Figure out the best possible way to preserve the closet full of photos.
WHAT A MESS!

























I was successful in making the scanner work on my old HP All-in-one printer, scanner, copier. Although it was slow, it worked.
The quality was not what I wanted........ by a long shot!
The research began... from having the job shipped out, to taking FOREVER to do, to getting a scanner. I bit the bullet, sold some items, saved my pennies, and  purchased  a scanner.
The quality is excellent, the speed is FAST.
In less than a second, this was scanned and loaded to my computer files:
Mom, Me, Dad..... a very long time ago 💓



















HURRAH for scanning technology!
In less than a second, this was scanned and loaded to my computer files:
Dad, Me, Mom....... a very long time ago💓

















Today, I'm a happy scanner!
Let the scanning begin.
Only several thousand more photos to go!!!
😮
PS. Click here for info on the scanner that I purchased ➔ SCANNER

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that you've found a solution you're pleased with, TK!

    ReplyDelete