Saturday, October 24, 2020

October 23, 2020 Fishing on Buffalo Creek

Life is an adventure. It's beauty depends on how much you enjoy the journey. Today's adventure was found in a creek, in Rockbridge Co. 

          SIMPLE, UNASSUMING, TRANQUIL 

Fishing........ who knew, until today what joys there were, in standing almost knee high in a stream of river rocks, leaves floating by, and fish.  Until this week, I've never felt the necessity to invest in a fishing license, a rod and reel, waders, a net, vest, pack, a portable walking stick (No doubt this list is unlimited). 

What I observed on Friday was a disconnect.......... from stress, anxiety, news, internet, music, books, and any other source of distraction. I had my chair and my camera. The sounds of the stream, caused me to sit, close my eyes and listen. πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ (if you are reading this blog from a cell phone, you have to click on this linkπŸ‘‰. https://youtu.be/xOM91D_78qI


Welcome to Buffalo Creek! Located in Rockbridge Co, this gem of a fishing hole is free to anyone who possesses not only a valid Virginia fishing license, but a written "SPECIAL REGULATION TROUT WATERS license including Buffalo Creek". ***The land owner permits are available on line***. 

Traveling the back roads less travelled was preparing me for the official WIND-DOWN. 

Ron has always enjoyed fishing....ALWAYS. From some insane reason, I have related this to a 'guy' thing...................UNTIL YESTERDAY 😲

We were tagging along with our friends #dannykaye. These people are SERIOUS about their fishing hobby! They knew where to stand, where to look, and how to quickly pull them in! 😎

It didn't take long to realize that being a part of this thrill was something that I MUST DO. Kay was yelling wildly within 3 minutes of the first cast! The trio below was dressed and loaded. As soon as their 'photo shoot' ended, they were off into their uninterrupted world. They each went separate ways, and had no problems leaving me behind, sitting in a chair.


Obviously fishing reduces stress. Fishing increases your vitamin D, and I'm told it improves your concentration. It lets you unplug, as well as helps to keep you fit. Fishing is a lifelong skill that you can enjoy at any age. Being around like-minded people was a plus yesterday. We met for lunch, and shared fish tales, as well as updates on kids, grands, and life.

'Pastoral scenes' describe the views of this countryside(lush fields, calm skies, babbling brooks). Therapeutic . Look closely at my friend in the photo below!πŸ‘‡ #notacareintheworld


I think the total count at the end of the day was 15. (BUT THESE GUYS ARE SAFE AND ARE CONTINUING TO SWIM IN THE CREEK).

While I enjoyed my solitude of sitting in the shade, taking photos, and snoozing a bit, I have to admit, that I'm now searching for a pair of waders, fishing license, and a portable walking stick! WATCH OUT FISH, HERE I COME πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


What a peaceful day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment