Tuesday, November 17, 2020

November 17, 2020 Leaves Be Gone

 "Be nice or leaf!" 

Fall .....the season began so innocently. A few burnt sienna tips on the leaves, then splashes of crimson and orange began to appear. Against the vivid Carolina blue sky, we cheered on the beginning of cooler temperatures. 

Century Park, Roanoke City Market 

First, the nut-hoarding squirrels appeared out of nowhere to start storing their winter food. We provided a stellar crop.😁, The acorns fell, sometimes sounding like a bb-gun. Our yard became a hard-hat area. We cautiously walked down our driveway to avoid 'FALL-ING'.   

"I think I'm falling for you. Orange you happy it's fall? You don't like the outdoors? Unbe-leaf-able."

Then, the annual leaf drop began mid-October. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY, we did our best to keep the driveway reasonably clear. By November 1st, our asphalt driveway was covered  DAILY.  BTW....... These 'beautiful fall leaves' 👇 are slicker than ice, when it rains! 

Fast forward 2 weeks.............. a few leaves remain on the trees, but not many. 
"Don't leaf me hanging. Never leaf me. Make like a tree and leaf." 
Bending, stretching, twisting, turning........ we have raked, blown, and hauled leaves to the street and driveway.  It has been great exercise, an excellent way to get outside in the fresh air, and a good way to reduce stress while working in #FITBIT steps!  
Today, 
I'm grateful for my health. 
I'm grateful for my better half, King Ron, who helped with this endeavor. 
I'm grateful that I was able to take on this project. 
I'm ESPECIALLY grateful for Advil, and a nice foaming bathtub soak.😂😂😂







No comments:

Post a Comment