Friday, December 11, 2020

December 11, 2020 ***Genealogy... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD

Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad. Oh my.......... look at them. Beaming with excitement and happiness!

December 11, 1947 ~~ The wedding ceremony was a small, intimate one. Wade H Bryant, the Minister at First Baptist Church, officiated. They tied the knot on a Thursday afternoon!

The reception took place at my maternal Grandparents' home at 380 Highland Ave SW Roanoke, VA.  Pictured from left to right ☝ are: John Alexander Anderson Jr, Eva Kathryn Thomasson Anderson, Mary Lee Anderson Hamilton, and Carl Cannaday Hamilton. (*****The house still stands today. As a child, I spent much time here. PS. I still have the tablecloth that was adorning the table for their reception. The dining room(where the reception took place), was filled with walnut furniture. That same furniture has been lovingly used in our home, for many years. 👇👇👇

There may have been other guests at their wedding/reception. My 'stash' of photos did not include many others. This much I know. Pictured from left to right ☝ are: Dad's twin brother, Walter Craig Hamilton and Flora Emily Blankenship (who married each other the following month, Jan 16, 1948), Kathleen Wright Atkinson(Mom's best friend from Jefferson High School)

On this day,☝💑💖 December 11, 1947, Mary Lee Anderson and Carl Cannaday Hamilton began their life together as Mr. and Mrs! My Dad was 30, worked at the US Post Office, and had been living with his parents at 316 Day Ave, Roanoke, Va.  My Mom was 20, worked at the the Clerk of  Courts office, and previously lived with her parents at 380 Highland Ave. Stories were often shared with me that "it was love at first sight". What a life they shared.......... almost 54 years of marriage. 

Today, I miss them both......... their presence, their smiles, and their love. They taught me how to be generous and to love unconditionally. They taught me invaluable life lessons about work, marriage, parenting, relationships, forgiveness, and life. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWOToday, I honor both of them!


*************** In 2019, I began OUR pilgrimage of continuing the genealogy of my Mom and Dad, as well as Ron's. Thanks to my Uncle Craig, my Mom, my Mother-in-law, and my cousin Craig, much information is ready for me to 'do my thing'😃. 









No comments:

Post a Comment