And just like that....
In the blink of a nanosecond, I broke my wrist playing pickleball.
Seriously...November 19th?! Right before Thanksgiving and Christmas? Who scheduled that?
The diagnosis:
Soft cast: 3 weeks
Hard cast 3-4 weeks
King Ron: Full-time chauffeur, chef, housekeeper, hair stylist, package opener, and professional "Can you help me?" responder.
On the bright side...I always wanted a personal assistant. I just didn't realize it would take a broken wrist to get one!
Who knew that I would need a complete change in my wardrobe..... just to get dressed! It's cold in November, and I needed warm clothes and a coat that would fit over this bulky cast! Cutting the seams in favorite sweatshirts emotionally hurt me! Let's not talk about the inability to tie my own shoes!!! Thank you, Sketchers slip-ins and knit pants...... and capes!
Fast forward to Thanksgiving....... at least I tried to keep my sense of humor.December 15th ..... I gained my Christmas RED CAST! Yes, a short-sleeved man's shirt for ease of getting dressed!December 24, 2025..... A holiday update from your favorite one-armed Christmas ornament: my fractured left arm is now sporting a bright red cast with actual glowing lights. I'm basically a festive traffic hazard at this point! Cooking? Nope. Cleaning? Not a chance. Wrapping presents? Only if you enjoy the "blindfolded toddler' aesthetic. Meanwhile, King Ron has stepped fully into his royal duties--chauffeur, chef, gift-wrapper, and official keeper of the extension cord that powers my arm. The man deserves a crown and maybe hazard pay. If you see me glowing across the room, don't worry. It's just my cast, or King Ron plugging me in again!



No comments:
Post a Comment