Tuesday, October 17, 2023

October 17, 2023 McAfee Knob

 October 17, 2023

We checked off one more year! Hiking to the top of McAfee Knob, and down....... took longer this year. But we did it! Recent sciatica issues have slowed me down, but with enough stretching, stopping for breaks, and taking it easy, the thrill of seeing this vista, one more time, was one of my ahhhhhhh moments for the year! 
The day temperatures were perfect!Our faces were a bit wind-burned at the conclusion of our hike. the fall foliage was at its peak.  
The crowds were almost non-existent! Couples and families from all over the USA were there to walk this very trail. We dined at the most beautiful spot in the world..... THE TOP. Yes, we took waaaaaay too many selfies to prove that we were there! We soaked up everything that nature had to offer.
 


For the first time, our walking sticks were a plus, as were our sturdy hiking boots! 


And just like that (not really), we were AT THE TOP!

I keep telling myself, this is my last time........and then I get to the top, and think, well, maybe not!

I could have stayed much longer than we did. 
But for this day......... enough was enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment