Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2, 2020 Today I took a trip!

COVID19 Journal
Week 3
Today I took a trip.......
In my yardπŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

The day was windy and cooler than I expected, but I needed to get my thoughts together.
"This is going to be the new normal for awhile," I keep telling myself.
So, let's get with the program, and make the best of it!
We can do thisπŸ’ͺ.
And that pollen countπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† is over-the-top-high, making for a shorter than normal trip.
Wanna guess how many stepping stones circle around the tree house?

The trip to the treehouse brought up fond and FUNNY memories of our 3 children, and their activities inside this structure.
40 years of memories 😍😍😍.
Here is a peek at it's beginnings.
Click on the highlighted link for some laughsπŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ SHELTER IN THE WOODS written March 31, 2016
This is what I call social-distancing at its finest!
Venturing to the other side of our yard, my trip included sightings of CandyTuft, Periwinkle, a statue, green grass, Rhododendrons, and blue skies, redbud trees, azaeleas, dogwoods..... 
I have been refreshed, and renewed for today.
Not all trips are long, or overnight.
Today's trip was just what I needed.





  
And oh yes, a few unwanted items, pleasantries......... kinda like life.

What is today?
Anyone else having trouble remembering the day of the week?
I know I'm 'over that hill' , but really???
I sincerely thought I was 'of sound mind'.😜
Now when we get up, we look at our phones/calendars to double check the dayπŸ‘€.
And then we groan momentarily at that empty calendar of events that have been erased.
Oops, was yesterday trash-pick-up day?
Is Monday the new Saturday?
Oh wait.... this is Thursday.
I'm considering a purchase of these....

Daily restrictions are being updated.
This.Dreaded.Invisible.Unknown.Virus.
'Stay home, wear masks, shop for groceries online, keep your hands away from your face, keep your distance from other people, wash your hands.
As for me?
*****You bet your bottom dollar that I am heeding the advice of the medical professionals to avoid this virus!*****
So much for my thoughts...............................
One day I'll look back at this Journal.
One day our world will be a new normal.
But for today, I enjoyed my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment