Thursday, April 9, 2020

April 9, 2020 Oil Painting Session #2

COVID_19 Journal
What began this morning as a solo 2.5 hour painting session, quickly advanced into a 5+hour marathon. πŸ˜„Indeed, #inaworldofmyown.
It was easy to forget about the frustrating, fearful, and questionable events of COVID_19.
I had my paint, my pallette, and my brushes in hand.
It was easy to forget about the isolation, the pollen, the virus, dirty clothes, the news, and my dwindling supply of toilet paper.😏
And for a brief period of time, I was able to forget about the hugs, kisses, and physical company of my family and friends. 😒😒😒
Never have I claimed to be a neat-freak, particularly when it comes to mixing paint colors together.
Mistakes? New techniques? Non-intentional colors created and used?
The opportunities seem unbounded.
This independent study and experience, is starting to give my 'left-brain right-brain' a workout !

Last week,πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ I ventured out on my own (March 31st) for a month or two.
The designated sewing, laundry, craft room is now being squeezed together to allow for a mini painting studio..... minus the natural daylight.
My art instructor is using the new acclaimed app, Zoom, with many of her students.
As of this week I've added this trendy app, and laughed my socks off with my monthly lunch girlfriends.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
No doubt, this new-fangled technology will be jumping into a session soon with my instructor.
But for today.........
Here’s to my #2nd unsupervised session.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
🀣πŸ€ͺπŸ˜³πŸ˜‚ 
#nogutsnoglory


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love your cows! Looks like you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete