Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December 17, 2019 Cinnamon Rolls and Christmas memories.


Christmas and baking(for me) seem to go hand in hand.  
For years, I would start baking and freezing several month before December. Never mind that I had 3 kids and not a lot free time. My freezer was filled with goodies...... some to keep and eat, and some to give as gifts. I considered myself a creative cook. My Christmas specialty was the SWEDISH TEA RING. Mine usually looked like this! ↓↓↓

or this! ↓↓↓
The recipe for these scrumptious sweet breakfast breads is here: SWEDISH TEA RING 
I fondly remember making fancier tea rings that looked like Christmas trees! 
Time consuming, but fun and thrilling to see each one be unique! 
YEARS WENT BY without any attempts to make the time to do this type of specialty baking.
With kids grown, married, a little more time seemed to be on my hands. 
I've done several bread-type products this fall, but the one that I enjoyed the most was created this week. (and I have to thank my friend Brenda for giving me the boost to do this!)
Here is the recipe:  OVERNIGHT CINNAMON ROLLS 
Working with yeast can be tricky, if you don't follow the directions.
And if your yeast is OLD, it might not work. Make sure your ingredients are not substituted.


 From this moment, letting the dough rise for about 2 hours is important. It should end up looking like this! ↓↓ *HINT......... I turned on my oven to 200 degrees, then turn it off, and placed the pans in the over, covered with a wet paper towel. BINGO!
 Dough is then rolled out, dressed with butter, cinnamon and  sugar, rolled up and sliced.
 Since this was a time consuming project, I decided to make a double batch.

 The aroma throughout the house was divine! Drizzled with cream cheese icing, these cinnamon rolls were irresistible.
 and of course, samples were given out to make sure it was suitable for others!
Soft, fluffy, butter cinnamon rolls............. a successful Tuesday in the kitchen.
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS!
PS............ Cinnamon Rolls were a stable on Christmas morning at Ron's Mom's house.
EVERY.
SINGLE.
YEAR.
I think she would have been proud of me this week. I thought of her often, and shook my head in amazement at her culinary skills! She was the queen of cooking!
If time permits, I'll try my hand at a few of her other favorite Christmas delicacies.
HAPPY BAKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment