Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22, 2020 The sun is out, and my fitbit buzzed!

Covid19 Journal.
After what seemed like 40 days and 40 nights of rain, we woke up to sunny blue skies!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!🌞🌞🌞
***Thankful for electricity, a dry house and most of the veggie garden survived,.***
My morning coffee outdoors was an AHHHHHHH occurrence! There is nothing quite like gazing at the sun and blue skies..... with sunglasses of course.😎
The flowering Mountain Laurel in our yard was drenched, and most of the blooms on the rhododendrons had fallen to the ground.
Today is the kick off for the summer season.
Today the also the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend.🌟🌟🌟
We've made the best of the COVID19 situation, (without too much whining and too many tantrums)
Being outside has helped.
Walking around our mountain took longer than normal.
The pavement was dry,
I could see my shadow,
and I had on a new pair of tennis shoes.
Being cooped up/confined/ and not able to do my normal 100 miles of walking per month, has played havoc on my mental wellness.
Yep, last year, I walked a total of 1,254.71 miles.💪💪💪
Read about it here: 2019 FITBIT STATS
I was #oneproudwalker !
Then........ BOOM 💥💥💥
In late January, after being diagnosed with "ANGRY MUSCLES" in my left leg, I was forced to go easy on the walking. (like NO WALKING)
WHAT? me, not walk? you're kidding me right?
....... and stop wearing my fitbit?????
Bi-weekly trips to a great chiropractor, tylenol, ice packs, tub soakings, messages, stretches, and GRADUALLY working my stamina back to 'what-ever-I-had' last year has not been easy.
In fact, it has been HARD.
I lost my endurance, my enthusiasm, and my get-up-and-go.
And then the Greenway was closed.......😢
And I wasn't able to walk up or down hills.....
And I could walk only a short distance.....
And .... and..... and....
100 excuses.
BOOM.
Today ended my losing streak.
I did it!👍👍👍👍👍
This number and the vibration that my fitbit made on my wrist, when I hit 10,000 steps was as exciting to me as running in a marathon!
Wow, those endorphines were moving around! 😍
Will I be able to continue?
Who knows.
My expectations have lowered a bit..... for now.
One thing for sure, I'll never take the ability to walk for granted again.
Yes, today was a stellar day.
The sun was out, and my fitbit buzzed!



No comments:

Post a Comment