Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020 Zoom Sessions 2, 3, and 4

Covid19 Journal
What a journal journey!
Here is a brief recap:
Beginning April 9, my solo painting sessions began.→→Oil Painting Session
Fast forward to May 7, I experience the first ZOOM session→→ Mr&MrsMoo, Sunsets, and Zooming
May 13, and 20th ZOOM sessions pushed:
my creativity,
my concentration,
my frustration level,
my patience,
my self-esteem,
my feelings of being sad, mad, confused,
and my memory.
I WAS DRAINED.
I couldn't tell if I was zooming in or zoning out! 😅
It was supremely awkward.
(My compassion and sincere sympathies go to all ZOOM instructors. )
As a student, I wanted to be prepared.
I wanted to ask as many questions as possible, which meant I had to be ready and organized.
Paint Palette out✔
Easel set up✔
Lighting just the right angle✔
Enough coffee already consumed so as not to appear like I had no clue concerning what my instructor was saying. 😊✔✔✔
Oh, did I mention the technical aspects of Zooming, which involved my laptop, ipad, and iphone?✔
Phew!
By the end of my 4th and final ZOOM session, May 27th, I was almost comfortable with the process.
Clearly ZOOMING has its perks.
Clearly ZOOMING reinforced Alan Greenspan's quote on communication:
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" 
Clearly the learning for both instructor and student has been beneficial.
The reward for me was spending time on my own.
In fact, I spent more time painting in my little 'make-shift' studio than I did fretting over the Covid-19 virus. (Truth be known, however, I also spent a small amount of time wondering if I should take up another hobbie😢😢😢..... #notgonnahappen ).
Could it possibly be a reward for the instructor viewing the end results of her students!
Here is a collage of progressions of my 2nd oil painting in ZOOM.
Voila......... the finished Rembrandt   Sharpley oil 👇👇👇
And now, for the real zinger....................
I've begun and almost completed ZOOM painting #3
And started Zoom painting #4💥
Well........ what exactly was I suppose to do when the rain kept me from being outside? 😉
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment