Saturday, November 11, 2017

November 11, 2017 Veterans Day, Saturday

My favorite Veteran, my Dad my hero
Today I thank him for instilling in me a keen sense of patriotism.
Carl Cannaday Hamilton (1917-2001)


























We gathered in downtown Roanoke, Virginia for Virginia's Veterans Parade, honoring our military service personnel. The parade began at 11:00AM.
What a treat!
A time was held to personally meet and greet our Veterans.
I was honored.
I was humbled.
I was filled with pride.This, my fellow Americans, is PRIDE.
↓↓↓↓↓
























Opening ceremonies....


























Military cadets.....


















Flag waving, and curiosity....












































Speeches, tributes, and salutations....

























High school marching bands...

















Flags, flags, more flags, and people watching from many vantage points.

It has been a sobering, thought-provoking week for me. 
From a flag in the Walmart parking lot,
to a near-by cemetery, I've stopped to give thanks.




I am proud to be an American.
I am grateful for all who have made it possible to be here today.
Thank You!
Tomorrow will be another day.
But you can still...... HUG A VET










No comments:

Post a Comment